Antioch CCSD 34 believes in the differentiating for the needs of all learners. Currently, enrichment & gifted services function under the following structure:
- Teachers with Gifted Endorsement support classroom teachers' differentiation of their instruction.
- Teachers with Gifted Endorsement provide Tier 2 & Tier 3 support in the areas of ELA and Math.
- Grade Level teachers provide Enrichment Math instruction.
- Teachers with Gifted Endorsement service identified students in a formal Tier 3 ELA identified program.
- Teachers with Gifted Endorsement provide Tier 2 & 3 support in the areas of ELA and Math.
- Grade Level teachers provide Enrichment & Accelerated Math instruction.
- Teacher with Gifted Endorsement support classroom teachers' differentiation of their instruction.
- Leveled courses are offered in Mathematics and English Language Arts.
- Teacher with Gifted Endorsement provide Tier 2 & 3 supports through Success class period.
Recent Changes in State Laws
- Signed into law by on August 25, 2017
- This bill amends the School Code which requires school report cards to include the most current data collected and maintained by the State Board of Education. The State Board must now include, in the school report cards, certain demographic information concerning gifted education and advanced academic programs as well as information concerning the number of teachers in a school who hold a gifted education endorsement. (bullet taken from https://www.iagcgifted.org/page-18338).
- Signed into law on August 25, 2017 and will take effect July 1, 2018
- This Accelerated Placement Act requires Illinois public school districts to adopt and implement policies on acceleration that, at minimum, provide opportunities for early entrance to kindergarten and first grade, opportunities for accelerating a student in a single subject area, and opportunities for “whole grade” acceleration (sometimes referred to as “grade skipping”). (bullet taken from https://www.iagcgifted.org/IL-Acceleration-Act).
Questions on Recent Changes in State Laws or gifted services for your child can be directed to the Building Principal.