Coaching Strategies - Here are some ways you might coach your child when he/she comes across a diffi
If your child is having difficulty figuring out a word, you might say:
1. Can the picture give you a clue?
2. Let's skip that word and then go back and try it again.
3. What word would make sense there?
4. Look at the first letter of the word. Can you think of a word that begins with that letter and would make sense in the sentence?
5. Do you see any little words or chunks inside that word that you know?
6. Try blending the sounds together.