Reading Intervention Remote Learning Plan:
1. Complete the lessons on the Reading Horizons Discovery Clubhouse app (or the RH Discovery Website) for 20 minutes every day.
- Site ID: antioch34
- User ID: First initial, Middle initial, last name. For example, Neil Patrick Harris's username would be NPHarris.
- After signing in, please click NEXT!
2. Complete at least one of the following:
- Read to someone for at least 10 minutes every day.
- Meet your weekly Lexia Core 5 Target. Log in to the Lexia Core 5 app (or click on this link to the Lexia Website) to see your individual target or complete at least 12 units each week.
- Open the Seesaw Class App (or click on this link to the Seesaw Website). Complete 1 or 2 of the assigned activities.
- Record yourself reading and post it to Seesaw. I'd love to hear your voice!
- Read books on the Epic app.
- Read books and complete the quizzes on the RAZ Kids app.
- Use the ABCs, Learn to Read, I'm Reading, More Phonics, or Talking Library pages on the Starfall app or website. (Sign in with email: email@example.com, Password: starfall to unlock all of the features!)
- Write about a book you have read and post it to Seesaw. Be sure to write in complete sentences with capitalization and punctuation!
- Write me a note about what you have been learning at home! I will write back to you!
Information for Parents:
- Please let me know if you have any questions! You can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me through Seesaw!
- Your child has not been using the Reading Horizons Discovery Clubhouse app at school. He or she may need your help to log in. Site ID: antioch34, User ID: First initial, Middle initial, last name. For example, Neil Patrick Harris's username would be NPHarris.
- The Reading Horizons app has the same lessons that your child may have been learning at school. This is a research-based, multisensory phonics program. I have customized each student's program to include a review of previously taught skills. It may seem easy at first but it will get more challenging. I will be monitoring their progress in the program and will customize the lessons and assessments as needed.
- This link contains videos to help you understand the Reading Horizons Method
Lexia Reading Core 5
- Each student has an individual weekly goal for Lexia Core 5. They should complete at least 12 units per week, but they are welcome to complete more!
- The students took a placement test at the beginning of the year. Many of them are working on content for the grade level below their current grade level. Ideally, we would like for students to complete all of the content in their current grade level by the end of the school year. This link contains information about the scope and sequence for Lexia Core 5.
- Students should work on the app independently. I will be monitoring their progress remotely. I may contact you with additional resources for teaching the skills that your child is learning.
- Students love using Lexia Core 5! You may want to save it for after they have completed other activities!
- Please help your child log into the Seesaw Class app using the Home Learning Code that was sent home. Please let me know if you need me to send you a Home Learning Code.
- This is a video about using the Home Learning Code: Quick Seesaw how-to Video
- Show your student how to change classes by clicking on his or her name in the upper left-hand corner.
- Please read the directions for the activities and check your child's work before your child hits the green check mark!
- The Seesaw Family app will continue to work in the same way for messaging and to view items that have been approved by their teachers.
- This link contains additional resources for parents for using Seesaw for at Home Learning!
If you have any questions, please contact me by email at email@example.com or message me through Seesaw!