Degrees and Certifications:
Masters: MA in Teaching Masters: Education Leadership K-12 Grade Administrative Certificate Computer Applications, PLTW AR ELA, Science Endorsements Bachelor's Degree : University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Master's Degree: Aurora University, Illinois
The Zoom Meeting link is always located on our Google Classroom website in the Stream section. All students are required to do all of the assignments that are located on Google Classroom. Click on the classwork to find the requirments for all classwork. The daily announcements will be located on the stream section.
Expectations: Students are required to have a computer device, internet, connection to Wi-Fi, external earbuds for this course. Please also have a notebook (spiral or digital) for this class to take notes.
Welcome to my classroom website! Students have the most current access to PLTW class information/ rubrics/ assignments through the Google Classroom Website and in the online classwork.
This site has general information about Project Lead the Way and other courses that I teacher. Students also have videos, rubrics, and learning information on the Google Classroom Site. The 8th grade Robotics students will have lessons, powerpoints, and videos for each unit. This website is more for contact information and PLTW overview. The students are required to read the class resources and must communicate with their classmates to recieve participation points.
Grading for PLTW/Robotics, Educational Technology and Computer Application Courses follow AUGS grading policy of 20% practice, 40% Formative and 40% Summative. Please see AUGS grading policy for details. Homework will be posted for the PLTW class only on the Google Classroom website. My class introductions and requirements are also located on the site.
Encore Course Descriptions: Ed. Tech/Computer Encore Courses Offered at AUGS
6th Grade: EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY: DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP & APPLICATIONS
Students will explore different digital applications while focusing on the concepts of digital citizenship and safety with engaging and empowering activities on the computer. The knowledge shared will help students become more efficient, respectful and responsible users of technology. Students will also participate in daily keyboarding activities practicing accuracy and speed with an online account.
7th Grade: Computer Applications
This course will develop multimedia skills by introducing them to a variety of digital tools. Students will learn about blogs, podcasts, and web design. The focus is on building visual literacy skills and applying those skills to digital presentations. Students will be developing an electronic portfolio along with creating projects with video production tools.
8th Grade: PLTW/Robotics
Students trace the history, development, and influence of automation and robotics as they learn about mechanical systems, coding, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students use the VEX Robotics® platform to design, build, and program real-world objects. This is a course in the series of PLTW (Project Lead The Way) The class covers engineering concepts, coding, robotics and their use in the world, programming and hands on work. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Internet Safety and Ethics
- Explore how to be safe on the internet, understand cyberbullying and its consequences
- Digital Citizenship, Respect the rights of copyright owners, Treat others with respect online
- Define and use computer related terminology
- Online free applications provided by the district through a student log in system
- Google Drive Applications for individual assignments, group projects, and communication
Word Processing/Website Design/Blogs
- Explain the purpose of a word processor
- Manipulate text (insert, delete, align, change fonts, style, size, color)
- Create, add and alter graphics
- Edit documents (thesaurus function and spell check)
- Change document layout (margin, page orientation, spacing, blank lines)
- Use a variety of graphic tools
- Compose a word processing document
- Identify the purpose and uses of presentation software
- Demonstrate understanding of the tools of software programs and their uses
- Demonstrate understanding of modification of background appearance
- Import and edit graphics (resize and move)
- Demonstrate understanding of text fields
- Add movies and sounds to projects
- Create a project and save it
- Present work to the class
- Learn how to gather and report information that contains or is related to a specific topic
- How to avoid plagiarism and how to put the sources in the appropriate format
- Develop and implement various sets of instructions
- Learn how to instruct a computer to do a certain task
- Automation and Robotics
- Mechanical Systems
- Design Process
- Automated Systems