Welcome to Mrs. Verner's Website!
I am so excited to get a chance to meet each and every one of you! I can't wait for us to begin to learn and grow together!
My email address is Cverner@antioch34.com. Please feel free to contact me with any ideas, questions, or concerns.
We are a team to ensure your child's success in 4th Grade! If you would like to have a phone conference, we can set up a time!
POLICIES AND INFORMATION
- I allow students to borrow one of my library BOOKS at a time, and bring them home if they wish. Our school library is also open most of the time for students to check out and return books. They are allowed 2 library books at a time from the school library. We will have a designated time each week to go to the library media center for stations, and students can also go down to check out books almost any day during independent work time if needed.
- HOMEWORK I may assign is meant to be practice of what a child has already learned. If your child is struggling to complete homework, please let me know (or he/she can let me know) so I can help. Please feel free to stop a homework assignment if there is major frustration or if it is taking too long. (For example, 20-30 minutes on math homework is plenty of practice time.) I encourage daily reading, and consider this one of the most important "homework assignments" I will give. I know daily reading is not always possible for some due to schedules and life, so we will be setting goals to read a given number of pages or books per week/month. Please contact me with any homework concerns... I am flexible and open to discussion about this topic. One of my ultimate goals is that your child develops a love of learning!
- LUNCH FEES can be paid online. Click here to access:Antioch 34 Web Store
- Our ELA Program is Savvas myView. This program blends reading, writing, and language in a workshop model through texts and lessons.
- Students will also be using Lexia Core 5 for independent practice.
- Our MATH resource is Eureka Math. The setting will be a combination of whole group, small group, and independent work time. The workbook/homework pages are available on the Math Page of my website. Click here to view the resource online: Eureka Math Parent Tips for Each Module For math fluency we will be using Xtra Math. Xtra Math We will also use ST Math for practice with 4th Grade skills. ST Math
- Our SCIENCE resource is Amplify. Click here to view the resource: Amplify Science
- We will be using a program called Second Step for SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL lessons throughout the year. I follow the lessons in the order they are listed on this document under 4th grade: Second Step Scope and Sequence
- For SOCIAL STUDIES we use a combination of resources. Our main focus throughout this year will be an introduction to Government, Financial Literacy and Illinois.