Social Work Home Page
Hello Hillcrest Family,
Welcome back! I am looking forward to this school year and happy to see everyone back at school.
The best way to reach me is through email. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions - I am here to help!
Stay healthy, be safe, and remember we are in this together!
Hillcrest Social Worker
Children should be Seen and Heard and Believed!
School Social Work
School Social Workers help students:
- Achieve maximum academic benefit from their educational opportunities
- Understand themselves and others
- Develop self-control and take responsibility for their actions
- Cope with Stress
- Develop decision-making skills
School Social Workers help parents:
- Participate effectively in their child's education
- Better understand and meet their children's social and emotional needs
- Better understand and utilize school and community resources
School Social Workers help schools:
- Understand factors that affect student's abilities to allow for maximum use of their school experience
- Access community resources
- Improve school climate through development of school policies and a wide range of prevention and intervention programs
School Social Workers help communities:
- Understand school policies, programs, and practices
- Minimize environmental factors which inhibit learning
- Develop resources to adequately meet the needs of students and families
Contributed by Illinois Association of School Social Workers (IASSW)