My Home Page
Welcome to Miss Gorsline's Website!
My email address is Vgorsline@antioch34.com. Please feel free to contact me with any ideas, questions, or concerns. We are a team to ensure your child's success in 4th Grade. If you would like to have a phone conference, let's set up a time!
HOMEWORK: If your child is struggling to complete homework, please let me know (or he/she can let me know) so I can help. Stop a homework assignment if there is major frustration or if it is taking too long, and leave me a short note on the page. Please contact me with any homework concerns. One of my ultimate goals is that your child develops a love of learning!
- Our ELA Program is Savvas myView. This program blends reading, writing, and language in a workshop model through texts and lessons. Click Here to view online parent resources: Savvas Realize
- We will also use Lexia (on the iPad) as a supplement to enrich ELA at the child's instructional level. It is possible for students to complete all of the levels in the Lexia program. Here are the Lexia Core 5 Reading resources.
- Our MATH resource is Eureka Math Squared. The setting will be a combination of whole group, small group, and independent work time. Click here to view parent resources: Eureka Math 2
- We also will use ST Math and Khan Academy on the iPads.
- Our SCIENCE resource is Amplify. Click here to view the resource: Amplify Science
- We will be using a program called Second Step for SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL lessons throughout the year. Click here to view the information for 4th grade: Second Step Scope and Sequence
- For SOCIAL STUDIES, our main focus areas throughout this year will be Financial Literacy, Illinois/Chicago, and Government.