Mrs. Newman's Site - Mrs. Newman's Web Page
Welcome to 4th Grade!! I'm SO excited to meet all of you. We will be learning a lot of new things together this year, don't worry we will take it one step at a time.
Please e-mail me at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
- Our ELA Program is Savvas myView. This program blends reading, writing, and language in a workshop model through texts and lessons.
- Students will also be using Lexia Core 5 for their independent work time. Click here to view the resource: Lexia Core 5
- Our MATH resource is Eureka Math. The setting will be a combination of whole group, small group, and independent work time. The workbook/homework pages are available on the Math Page of my website. Click here to view the resource online: Eureka Math Parent Tips for Each Module
- We use ST Math for practice with 4th Grade skills. ST Math
- Our SCIENCE resource is Amplify. Click here to view the resource: Amplify Science
- We will be using a program called Second Step for SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL lessons throughout the year. I follow the lessons in the order they are listed on this document under 4th grade: Second Step Scope and Sequence
- For SOCIAL STUDIES we use a combination of resources. Our first unit will be on Leadership and Government and we will be investigating the question, "How do people and the government impact each other?".